The mission of Anami Montessori School, recognized by the Association Montessori International (AMI), is to provide an exceptional Montessori environment designed in accordance with the developmental characteristics and needs of children; and to aid, nourish and guide the natural development of each child – physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
Anami Montessori’s home is a lovely, wooded site that backs onto a 120-acre county park in the SouthPark region of Charlotte. The school houses three spacious classrooms (two primary classes and one elementary class). Its outdoor environment includes a deck and garden for each class, playground, natural wooded area and grassy hillside.
Anami Montessori Overview
We have two primary classes (for 3-6 year olds) and one elementary (for 6-12 year olds).
- There is an AMI trained teacher at the appropriate age level in each class.
- Assistants are non-teaching aides.
- Each classroom has a complete set of AMI-sanctioned materials.
- Each classroom exits directly outdoors to a deck near its own garden which the children maintain.
Our program of education follows the structure established by Dr. Montessori:
- Classes are made up of children representing at least a three year age range (ages listed are approximate):
- Primary: 3 – 6 years (Children attend 8:30-12:00 for first two years and sometime during their third year stay for the longer 8:30-3:00 day.)
- Elementary: 6 – 12 years (8:30-3:00)
- Classes include a well-balanced division of ages as well as an appropriate number of children to ensure social development.
- Classes are scheduled five days/week with substantial uninterrupted work periods provided each day.
- An extended day (afternoon period in addition to mornings) is provided five days/week for the older children in a primary class as well as the elementary children.